To celebrate Ada Lovelace Day on October 13th 2020, G-Research and Stemettes visited schools across the UK to increase the students’ STEM awareness and perception.
Stemettes were joined virtually by 123 students across year 9, 10 and 11. They came from schools in: Chertsey, Leicester, Northamptonshire, Coventry and West Yorkshire.
12 women from STEM industry, academia and entrepreneurship tuned into classrooms to inspire students to think about a future in STEM.
What did the students think?
- Students rated the Summit 8.2 out of 10
- 94% have learned something new about STEM
- 86% now feel more confident in their STEM abilities
- 89% are now more aware of STEM-related careers
- 79% now feel more connected to peers and role models in STEM
Take a look at the event here: