On the 31st July, the Stemettes invited 61 girls aged 13 years old and above to a career panel event with seven amazing women in STEM.
We spent the afternoon at The Cheesegrater in London, learning about STEM careers from industry role models.
- Attendees rated the event 8.3 out of 10 overall.
- 98% of attendees stated they would come to a Stemettes event again.
- 98% of attendees had an increased awareness of STEM options.
- 98% of attendees shared their perception of STEM improved.
— Stemettes ® 🤍★ # + (@Stemettes) July 31, 2019
An amazing panel joined us. They spoke about their career journey, and the girls asked questions.
- Miranda Lowe – Principal curator at The Natural History Museum
- Emma Brown – Director at Lloyds Banking Group
- Miracle Nwocha – Project manager at Siemens
- Catherine Newman – Director at Gazprom Marketing & Trading
- Dan Goldbach – Quant developer at Quadrature Capital
- Alex Mikhailova – Quant developer at Quadrature Capital
- Jo Franchetti – Web Developer Advocate at Samsung
- Julia Jones – Founder of Aray Wellbeing CIC
Our attendees all gave fantastic feedback stating they found everyone ‘friendly and engaging’ which we love to hear.