During Half term on the 20th February, we headed to Crewe Engineering & Design UTC to host a ‘Meet the Stemettes’ panel event, sponsored by Air Products. We were joined by a fantastic panel from across STEM:
- Jennie Harrison – Principal Engineer, AECOM
- Helen Heap – IT Domain Architect – PP, Bentley
- Rachel Breeze – Senior .net developer, Sigma Consulting Solutions Limited
- Lucie Hayward – UKI IG Asset, Workshop & Warehouse Manager, Air Products
- Harriett Side – Associate PLM Consultant, Siemens
- Lily Hughes – Quality Graduate, Bentley
- Kelly Paul – CDP Engineer, Air Products
- Mystery Man: John Vickers – Project Engineer, Air Products
They all introduced themselves, then answered questions from our eager audience of young women and parents. After that we took a short break for lunch then returned to do some intimate speed networking. It’s all covered in our roundup video:
And of course, on Twitter.
— Stemettes ® 🤍★ # + (@Stemettes) February 20, 2019
— Bentley Careers (@BentleyCareers) February 20, 2019
— Rebecca (@WhoEvenIsThis_) February 20, 2019
In terms of impact, 100% of attendees would like to come to another Stemettes event, and they gave the event an average 9 out of 10. 100% left with improved awareness of STEM careers available. 100% left with an improved perception of the STEM world. 100% had improved confidence in their STEM abilities and 100% left with an improved network within STEM.
“The best part was the competition and getting really good advice from the guest speakers”
“Talking about future careers was my favourite part”
“The best part of the day was hearing about the different engineering careers there are”
Thanks very much to Crewe Engineering & Design UTC for hosting us and to Air Products for catering for everyone and providing their role models as panellists. We’ll be across the UK in different cities with Air Products this year so join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date. If you’d like to host us let Event Stemette know.