- In the UK, currently only 17% of jobs in the technology sector are held by women
- 30% of the best paid jobs for a woman are in tech
- 47% of women in technology believe they have to act like a man to get ahead.
- 84% of women working in tech said more need to be done to encourage those on maternity leave to return
- 26% of women surveyed by Women in Technology and Intellect had made it to senior management or Board level, despite 61 having 10 years or more in the secotr
- 17% of engineering students at UK universities were female in 2010-2011. research shows only 6% of professional engineers are women. Only 8.7% of professional engineers in the UK are female.
- The UKRC says that two thirds of female science graduates don’t work in jobs requiring the qualification
(Source: Facts from Business in the Community Factsheet)
13% of the UK’s STEM workforce are female
(Source: WISE Report)