Nearly all industries today have an element of technology to them, whether that be their administration apps to manage staff, their tools they use to hire people, or their products.
Python is a good language for beginners because it is easy to read and there is plenty of documentation, online lessons. It also has a great community, including a women-led community. Codecademy is a great resource for learning to code with plenty of different paths to choose, I wrote my first-ever line of code using Codecademy in 2014 and fell in love with it.
You might also like to read:
• What’s the Difference? Comparing Front-End & Back-End Development
• Is It Risky Learning To Code On The Job?
I’ll leave you with a list of things you can do with Python (and other languages of course), you can read more here:
● Data science
● Scientific and mathematical computing
● Web development
● Finance and trading
● System automation and administration
● Computer graphics
● Basic game development
● Security and penetration testing
● General and application-specific scripting
● Mapping and geography (GIS software)
Without women we wouldn’t have put man on the moon, what will you do?
This piece was written by Amelia from OVO Smart Home.