ADM Agriculture operates from offices throughout England and offers a people-based quality service to farmers and consumers. As well as providing an integrated supply chain to ADM’s UK assets in milling and oil seed crushing, ADM Agriculture supply a full range of non-grain feed ingredients to the feed and fuel markets, alongside a comprehensive range of seed and fertilisers.
The Grain Trading Logistics Manager is responsible for managing and developing the coordination and execution of grain movements for the company whilst meeting set profit objectives and ensuring contractual terms are met.
You will be a positive and motivational leader of the team, driving colleagues to perform effectively and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Delivering and managing performance targets for the execution of grain deliveries to all ADM Agriculture UK customer sites as set out by the Head of Grain Trading
- To proactively manage direct line reports, being responsible for goal setting and developing the teams capabilities and ensuring team objectives are met.
- Management of all transportation activities ensuring that product is moved in the most efficient, timely and cost effective manner to ensure smooth operations
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with hauliers and farmer customers
- Monitoring and negotiation of transport costs and working within set budgets with a focus on delivering with budget and meeting customer service expectations
- To establish best practices and ensure they are being followed, with the confidence and desire to grow the business/offer suggestions for improvement.
- To professionally and effectively deal with any transport issues that arise working in liaison with the Head of Grain Trading
- To schedule and plan logistics ensuring high customer service delivery
- To work with only TASSC approved hauliers within set target rates
- To work within the freight contracting regulations as set out by ADM
- Booking in deliveries and laising with customers
- Allocation and recording of data on company systems
- To liaise effectively with inter company departments
Your Profile Experience
- Proven experience in logistics with a background in managing teams.
- Demonstrable negotiation and numeracy skills with experience of managing and meeting financial targets.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft systems and being able to transfer IT skills to using bespoke company systems.
- Ability to interact positively and fairly, building relationships effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service and delivery.
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills with strong capabilities of managing a busy workload.
- High IT proficiency
- Strong negotiator with outstanding people skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A decision maker who can think laterally and offer solutions to solving potential problems.
- Excellent geographic knowledge
- To be tactful, diplomatic and calm when dealing with challenging scenarios.
- A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
- Career opportunities in a world leading company.
- An attractive remuneration package including a variety of social benefits like subsidised health & fitness offers.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation. By applying for this position you agree to ADM’s privacy notice.
To apply: visit www.adm.com/careers
Select the EMEA region