At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over.
About ADM Protexin Ltd
ADM Protexin Ltd manufacture innovative, research based live bacteria products of the highest quality for the veterinary, human, agriculture and equine healthcare markets. With head office, manufacturing and distribution facilities based in Somerset, ADM Protexin distribute to over 90 countries worldwide. Learn more at www.protexin.co
The main purpose of this role is to support New Product Development and other business projects with the sourcing of new raw materials and packaging in line with the product specific parameters given.
- To build & maintain good relationships with the core supply base in seeking out new/ contingent item, as well as canvassing new supply options.
- To research and maintain a database of innovative materials for product development from new suppliers, and promote synergy potential from the ADM pantry.
- To seek and identify suitable partners for contract manufacture of new products.
- To arrange NDA’s where appropriate with new suppliers/ contract manufacturers.
- To work closely with the procurement team in ensuring that the sourced material fits within the company requirements for supply.
- To be a key contact with suppliers in obtaining samples, and placing orders on materials for NPD and product improvement work, pursuing any commercial or technical queries needed for NPD and product improvement.
- To support the internal teams with the communication and building of the ingredients information files throughout the business approval processes and relevant internal administration.
- To assemble key information required for items from suppliers such as quotes, price breaks, specifications, MSDS etc and keep good accessible records.
- To provide administrative support within the Technical team with regard to getting quotes, arranging PO’s and checking invoices for materials.
- To obtain quotes, raise PO’s and check invoices associated with product testing/ stability, and any clinical trials.
- To work with commercial employees/ from briefs and estimate forecast for usage to ensure appropriate choices are made from options, and initial forecasts can be determined to check back on later in the process.
- To migrate codes in IFS (internal ERP system).
- Monitoring and maintaining research and development consumable stock levels.
- Checking invoices for NPD projects and stability testing
- To support the Technical department with product development as required.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of Word, Excel and Outlook to a high level.
- Understanding of scientific numbers.
- Good organisation skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar sourcing / procurement role.
- Previous experience in product development desirable, not essential.
- Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models
- Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
- A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
- Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company.
- An attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits like subsidized health & fitness offers.
- Increased flexibility and work life balance through a Hybrid working arrangement (delete as appropriate).
- Additional benefits and support for maternity and paternity leave
Learn more about ADM at www.adm.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company to encourage a diverse range of perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge within our business. To assist with this the Company has established a UK Diversity forum to support participation of underrepresented groups in the work place. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation. By applying for this position, you agree to ADM’s privacy notice.