JMAN Group is a growing management consultancy which empowers organisations to create value through data. Set up seven years ago, we are a team of 30 consultants based in London, UK and a team of 80 developers in Chennai, India. We are industry and size agnostic: our clients range from private equity firms to large, multi-national businesses to scaling start-ups. Our international team is a unique blend of consulting, analytical and technology expertise, working together to solve complex problems at pace.
From day one, our interns have the opportunity to work with clients on a day-to-day basis, develop advanced
technical skills, and play a key role in building JMAN. We strongly believe that the best way to train our interns is
on the job – you will have a brief period of training before being given a role on a real client project. We look for a range of skills in our people, from analytical thinking to interpersonal to technical, and ultimately seek people who are curious, creative and will rise to new challenges at JMAN! We currently recruit through internships with a view to roll straight into a full-time position, where our interns undergo an 8 week internship that allows us to assess if you are the right candidate for JMAN and provides you with realistic view of what a full-time role at JMAN entails. If successful, our interns step into the full time
Associate Consultant role.
- Interns have the opportunity to work with and present to clients from day one, and are encouraged to contribute to outputs and recommendations across projects
- Project work will often involve working directly with partners and managers, where you’ll be supported in developing core consulting skills on the job
- Our interns work on projects ranging from advanced analytics projects and management information reporting generation, to data strategy and architecture support
- There will also be opportunities for you to get involved in a range of areas across the business. All interns have the chance to express interest in particular internal business areas, which they can work on alongside core project work
- The mix of work will span across both internal and client projects, those with clear outcomes and those that are exploratory
- Our interns also have the chance to work closely with our development team in Chennai, India, supporting on projects where expertise from both offices is leveraged to deliver our solutions
What we are looking for
We are committed to finding motivated and engaging individuals who will be capable of playing a major part in running our company in the near future.
- Internship applications are open to all ages and backgrounds
- An excellent academic background and strong numerate ability is required
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, and be able to think about a problem from first principles
- Be proactive and have demonstrated that they will go above and beyond what is required of them, either at university or in a professional environment
- Be ambitious, not afraid to suggest a change in the business or voice an idea that the company could pursue
- Be comfortable communicating in a structured, concise and precise manner with teammates and senior clients
- Be able to thrive under pressure and be a determined character in the face of challenge
- Identify and take ownership of areas of improvement both personally and across the business
NB. Candidates do not require programming skills – a background in analytics would prove useful but is not a prerequisite