Programme Overview & Job Description
Our apprentice programme starts in March 2023, you will join one of our Global Technology teams in a full-time role whilst studying for a three-year Digital Technology Degree. You’ll spend most of your time working alongside experienced colleagues, learning relevant and valuable skills, and contributing to exciting work whilst being exposed to cutting-edge technology and seeing first-hand how first-class organisations operate systems. When not working on exciting projects, you will be participating in training sessions with our trusted learning provider, with time dedicated to following an established apprenticeship programme. You will complete a Level 6 Apprenticeship, graduating after three years with a BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions.
You’ll join one of our teams as a Business analyst or Software Engineer. Our recruitment process will determine which of our above Technology teams your skill set is best suited to, and if successful, you will be matched to the appropriate role to begin your career. Apprentices evolve during the programme based on their career aspirations and depending on how quickly their technical and soft skills develop. We encourage apprentices to take advantage of employee networks, and all other resources made available to them to accelerate their careers.
Technology Apprentice: Key tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Successful apprentices will continuously relate what they are learning with their work at Bank of America, as they progress through their degree programme. The apprenticeship will support you in developing in key elements of the role below:
(1) Data Gathering
- Understanding a problem statement, a technology or a business requirement
- Build relationships throughout the organisation irrespective of location, and access systems to collate data
- Establish a data quality process and apply it to the data to fill gaps and correct data points
- Organise and store data so that it can be easily accessed and presented
(2) Data Analysis
- Apply a process or framework to translate data into information for the purpose of solving problem statements or meeting a requirement
- Critically reviewing information and clearly stating your assumptions
- Apply information to support your technology solution proposal. Present your proposal to your stakeholders and obtain their sign-off.
- Plan the implementation work. Identify the risks, issues and dependencies, and manage them during the course of the implementation
- Provide regular and transparent updates on your progress. Demonstrate your work to stakeholders regularly
- Produce mock-ups or prototypes
- Deliver your solution within the agreed timeline
- Comply with all rules, regulations and policies, and document your work
Essential and desired competencies
- An enthusiastic learner with the intellectual curiosity to explore new ways to solve problems and meet requirements
- Work as part of a team and on your own effectively
- Communicate clearly with diverse groups of colleagues
- Proactive time management – i.e. ability to handle a full-time role alongside studying for a degree in three years.
A keen interest and understanding in the below would be beneficial:
- Financial services
- System design and architecture, including networking
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), the Scrum framework, lean Agile, and DevOps
- Database systems and business intelligence tools
- Service management within Technology
- Software engineering/writing code
- Hold or predicted to achieve at least 3 A levels/BTEC or equivalent with a minimum of 104 UCAS points
- Have at least a grade C or 5 in Maths and English Language GCSE or equivalent
- Been a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Have the right to work and remain in the UK indefinitely
- Spend at least 50% of your working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship
- Not completed a qualification or apprenticeship at the same level or higher which provided you with substantially the same skills or training as you would gain through this apprenticeship with Bank of America
The world of technology is evolving fast. Together, we can help shape it to be smarter, safer and more accessible.
Here at Bank of America, we’re developing innovations in emerging fields like virtual reality, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Through our cutting-edge projects and prototypes, we help all kinds of businesses to access finance more safely, rapidly and globally than ever. And, we support our people while they make the world of technology better, too.
Join us and we’ll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we’ll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you’re as passionate as we are about changing the world of technology, this could be the opportunity for you.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one – and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we’re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.
What if I need workplace adjustments?
We’re committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, or need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. We’ll get back to you within two business days.