- Salary: Competitive + benefits
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Location: Brinsworth
Want to be involved in enabling the future of innovative industrial gas production? Our Remote Operations Centre enables 24/7, real-time remote monitoring and optimisation across all our sites from one location, ensuring our people and operations are safe and done the right way.
With over 20 years of experience and leading the gas industry in remote operation, we’re proud of our achievements. It doesn’t end there though and with our growth and impact plans, now is an exciting time to join the ROC, as partnered with your skills, training provided, collaboration and technology you can make a real difference.
What you will enjoy doing
- Working as part of an excellent team, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and monitoring of our plants on a 24-hour basis using state-of-the-art technology
- In this role, you will be investigating any plant issues or disturbances, reporting on plant performance, monitoring key measures across the plants, and taking care of the alarm management
- You will be responsible for plant start-up situations to ensure customer demand is led appropriately to minimise cost to the business
- As a natural problem solver, you will carry out plant efficiency evaluations to identify any performance issues and make appropriate recommendations for improvements
- Furthermore, you will ensure that the operation of our plants minimises any process safety implications and ensure performance measures are upheld
What makes you great
- You have a Higher National Certificate (HNC) or higher in an electrical, instrumentation, chemical engineering or process subject or sufficient on the job experience
- You are naturally curious, with the ability to analyse and solve problems, fault find and investigate process issues using data trends
- As a self-starter who is proactive and highly safety conscious, you have the ability to think on your feet to prioritise business and safety decisions
- In addition, you have an interest in learning new skills, developing, and challenging yourself
- You have previous experience in a control room operation using process interfaces such as Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI) software (SCADA/PCS7 Siemens)
- You also have excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence and work as part of a high-pressure team and fast-paced environment
- Plant commissioning experience would be an advantage but is not crucial
- And finally, you work with integrity, role modelling the behaviours aligned to being an inclusive workplace
Have we inspired you? Let’s talk about it
We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, valued, and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day.
We welcome applications from all for this role, but particularly welcome women to apply as they are currently unrepresented within the Engineering sector and in particular this area of our organisation.
We are more than happy to work with you to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to present your best self.
Not sure if you fulfil the full criteria for this role? Regardless, we’d still like to hear from you! We look forward to receiving your application via our online careers site, hearing your story, and getting to know you better!