We're inviting women from across Aviation, Cyber and Engineering roles to mentor the next generation.
We'd love to have you join our network of amazing Associate Mentors who are passionate about supporting the next generation to see their STEM potential. Take a look at the information below to see if this programme is suitable for you, and sign up if it is.
Online Training and Enhanced DBS check provided
All programme volunteering carried out virtually
Minimum of 8 hours of mentoring across 3 months
Regular check-ins with Stemettes programme managers
Participate in a matching event and watch your mentee graduate
Networking opportunities with other mentors
Communication with your mentee is done through Microsoft Teams
Meet Guides provided to support impactful conversations
Cohort 1 Programme Timeline
July: Recruitment opens
August: Interviews, Onboarding, Training and DBS checking
September: Mentor Matching event and platform log on
October: Mentoring hours, Monthly check-in event
November: Mentoring hours, Monthly check-in event
December: Mentoring hours, Monthly check-in event
March: Graduation event
Can't join for this timeline? Email Lucy for details of cohorts upcoming later in 2021, and beginning in 2022
1. My career is linked to aviation, cyber and/or engineering (Yes/No)
2. Tell us about you...
3. Which area/s do you have experience in:
4. Have you used Microsoft Teams before?
5. What is your current role? Briefly tell us what it involves?
6. Please put these traits in order of importance for a mentor. Most important at the top and least at the bottom.
7. How many years have you been working?
8. What other roles, relevant to STEM, have you held in the past?
9. Agree or disagree: A mentorship is a one-way very formal relationship
10. Agree or disagree: I work well with uncertainty
11. Agree or disagree: I have worked with young people (unrelated to me) before
12. Agree or disagree: I have participated in more than one virtual networking event during Lockdown
13. How much previous mentoring experience do you have?
14. How much previous sponsoring experience do you have?
15. Which subjects did you study? Please list
16. What skills do you hope to pass on to your Associate (Stemette Mentee)?
17. What are you looking for in an Associate?
18. Why do you want to be a mentor with us?
19. By completing this form you confirm that you are a woman or a non-binary person and agree to volunteer 1-hour per week on this programme.
20. Please confirm you are happy to provide mentorship via video calls on Microsoft Teams
21. Please confirm you are happy an Enhanced DBS Check to take place.
Hear from previous mentors...
I have had opportunities to share the skills I have learnt at university and work such as interview skills/tips, networking and general professionalism. This programme has been an opportunity for myself to reflect on my own skills and share these with passionate women interested in entering the industry. I have also gained new insights from my mentee and what she hopes to bring to the industry in the future.
Watching [my mentee] grow in confidence from session 1 to session 8 has been amazing. It has reminded me how quickly you can develop as a person in a short space of time with the right support in place.
She is so young yet very forward thinking! It was nice to see her confidence evidently grow throughout our time. Her intelligence and determination was very encouraging to see how up and coming talent within STEM industries will shape for the better.
After the mentoring season, Stemettes Associates will attend boot camps and will have the option to also take part in exclusive Stemettes Associates Networking Events with other Associate Mentors.