We're a small organisation with growing reach and sometimes a growing team. From time to time there are opportunities for freelancers, contractors and possibly full-timers to come on board and help us towards a greater provision of the unique things we do. Check out what we're looking for at the moment below.
Stemettes runs a number of cohort programmes, public events, and inspirational content platforms to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) related careers to girls and nonbinary young people, using a network of women and others working in the STEM industry. We enable girls, their parents and other influencers to see the possibilities and make an informed decision about STEM careers - in a bid to boost the number of women in the UK’s STEM workforce.
We have supporters in the UK Government & EU Commission, industry employers (such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Telefonica/O2, Centrica and Deutsche Bank) and fellow STEM outreach organisations. We've been featured in Forbes, the BBC, the Guardian, the Observer, the Times and the Huffington Post. Since our inception in February 2013, we have given almost 45,000 young people across the UK and Europe positive experiences with STEM.
- The girls & young people come first
- We favour 'hot'* interactions
- Everyone on the team needs to be a 'doer'
- We don't do boring - we have fun
- A belief that the STEM diversity problem is pretty serious and has huge implications
To apply for the relevant position, please see details below. We do not accept CVs prospectively.
About the ‘Impact Technician’ role
We are looking for someone with working knowledge of Salesforce and experience of how it connects to services like GetFeedback, Eventbrite & Zapier to work with us on a 2-month project to improve our data collection, storage and reporting processes. This follows work initially done by a Salesforce partner in 2015 to create a Custom App for us to track impact.
This fixed-term contract is flexible on weekly hours, as long as deliverables are completed by the end of the allotted project time –running from ASAP/beginning of February to the end of March 2021. We need help with ensuring that:
- All data about participants is stored in one place
- All data about each participant is combined
- We can use this data for impact reporting on each intervention/programme
- We can track participants engagement within Stemettes
- We can better track exit routes for participants
A more detailed Statement of Work is available on request, as is the available project budget, which, given our charitable objectives is modest. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your existing body of work, availability and details for a quotation on the work described.
You will report to Head Stemette and may work alongside other members of the team.
We will pay a fixed rate for the project, tied to deliverables & milestones. The project will run from 1st February until 31st March 2021. The overall contract will be in line with experience and capabilities, reflecting Stemettes not-for-profit status and expectations from our partners.
About the ‘Impact Report Designer’ roleWe are looking for a designer to work on our 2021 Annual Report (due for release 10th February 2021), who can also build some templates for future Impact reporting. This is a 2 month project that must end by 31st March and can begin ASAP (latest 1st February). This fixed-term contract is flexible on weekly hours, as long as deliverables are completed by the end of the allotted project time. Deliverables on this project are:
- High-quality 12-page report produced from our Word document of content. You can see examples of current reports here and here.
- Brand Guidelines and at least 3 Templates created for future Impact Reports (compatible with Canva, Google Docs or another design programme usable by Stemettes team members)
Recruitment for this role has been paused as we shift to a new normal. We'll review this again in September 2021.
About the ‘Workshop Stemette’ roleWe are looking for freelancers to work on our ‘Stemettes & Schools’ programme as workshop facilitators. We are growing very quickly and require people to run day-long experiences for girls, guardians and women in STEM to work on challenges and share knowledge about STEM careers. Workshop Stemettes will be a part of a team of freelancers and volunteers. Stemettes is an exciting, disruptive young organisation with a supportive and passionate Board of Directors and strong aim to change mindsets and social norms for girls and STEM. As a result we are seeking someone with an equally high degree of passion and pro-activity. Stemettes regularly has the opportunity to interact with industry leaders, influencers and media around the world and where necessary Workshop Stemettes will have the opportunity to participate in these interactions.
- Facilitating ‘Stemettes & Schools’ sessions at our STEM industry partners
- Impact measurement on the ‘Stemettes & Schools’ programme
- Occasional Curriculum, Playbook and Training creation for our ‘Stemettes & Schools’ workshops
- General administration & facilitation for our ‘Stemettes & Schools’ workshops
- Support the Stemettes commitment to giving girls great STEM experiences and helping them make informed career decisions.
- outgoing persona to inspire, encourage and include young participants
- understanding of the STEM industry
- confidence with social media
- strong work ethic
- demonstrable ability to multi-task
- strong interpersonal skills to communicate with under engaged girls
More details here »