What’s new:
Explore Our Upcoming Events

Stemettes Leadership Academy @ Roche 2022

In March 2022, Roche partnered with Stemettes to deliver a virtual Leadership Academy. The 3-day programme supported young women and non-binary people aged 15 to 25 to develop their leadership skills.

Sessions were held over three evenings giving tips on networking, time management, leadership, and public speaking. The final session was a panel discussion and an opportunity to network with some amazing role models.

What did participants think?

They rated the programme 9.4 out of 10.

For 75% of participants, the programme reaffirmed an existing interest in a career in STEM. The remaining 25%, who were not considering a career in STEM before the academy, are now interested in pursuing a career in STEM.

100% of participants felt their awareness of STEM career options and network in STEM fields improved after attending the Leadership Academy.


Participants said their favourite parts were the interactive panel sessions and the tips and advice the role models gave. They also thought an unexpected benefit was an improvement in their overall well-being.

“It has helped me instantly with my leadership and teamwork. It was overly helpful, and the public speaking session gave me confidence. I have also improved on my time management thanks to the SLA.” – SLA Participant


Thank you to everyone who volunteered at the SLA and to Roche for partnering with Stemettes to deliver it. If you are interested in our future academies, sign up on our website!

Stemettes The latest from the Stemettes Zine, a curated space tailored specifically to Stemettes
Parent, Guardian, Teacher or Volunteer?

The Stemettes Zine is a curated space tailored specifically to Stemettes but we have plenty of content and updates for you folks too. Sign up to receive the Stemettes newsletter and we’ll keep you updated with the latest from Stemettes HQ including events, activities, resources and fundraising actvities.