STEM Clubs for Primary Schools
Run a Stemillions club to introduce primary school students to new female STEM role models and show them how fun STEM is. Schools running the programme will receive a fully-funded box containing 10 Meal Plans each based around a different woman in STEM and a choice of activities related to her STEM career. Run as an extra curricula 30-minute activity, or incorporate the activities and role models into lesson plans with our teachers notes.
Each Box Contains:
- 10 Meal Plans/ Activity Packs featuring a diverse range of female role models in various STEM careers.
- Teacher's notes to link the Stemillions role models and activities to the national curriculum.
- Equipment needed for completing the activities.
- Candy Kittens for snacks (vegan).
- 10 backpacks for the club members to wear (if you have more than 10 students, we recommend starting a new club, or repeating the club the following term).
- 10 badges for each Meal Plan to be attached to the backpack for completing a Meal Plan.
- 10 certificates for the club members to be distributed at the end of the academic term.
Value: £750 per box.
This term is sponsored by Department for Transport and will be provided for FREE.
(1 term of content, 10 members max.)
What's In It For Students?
- Discover new female role models in STEM
- Explore new STEM careers in a fun and engaging way
- Meet other students with similar interests
- Gain points and recognition for completing challenges
- Free backpack and badges for each completed Meal Plan
What's In It For Teachers?
- Teacher notes to incorporate role models and activities into lessons
- School recognition for running the club
- Online support from TeamStemette
- New activities to inspire your students
Dates for Summer Term Box
You will need to commit to these date to be a successful applicant on this programme
8th March - registration for box opens
15th March - registration closes
16th March - phone interviews begin
23rd March - successful and unsuccessful applicants informed
20th April - boxes sent to schools
27th April - clubs begin
1st June - half way check ins
14th July - wrap up interviews
Hear From Previous Participants...
"Children loved having a go and great focus each week. Thanks for all the great resources to support us."
"Interesting learning about another female role model. Enjoyed the hands on activity..."
- St Joseph's RC Stanley
"Each week we have been doing the Stemillions project via Stemettes and it’s been wonderful to see all the children but especially the young girls, loving STEM, learning about women in STEM and making a positive impact. “The children ask are we gonna do some STEM today”."
- Lewington Community Youth Project
"you can do almost any job if you put your mind to it!"
- Northwood Primary School