Stemettes is a leading non-profit that encourages and inspires girls and young women non-binary people into STEM & STEAM subjects. We run a variety of programmes, workshops, and events that are designed to make STEM & STEAM accessible and relatable to young people who are typically underrepresented in these fields.
About the Youth Work Coordinator role
We are looking for an engaging and proactive Youth Work Co-ordinator to join our team. This role ensures the ongoing maintenance and growth of our community of young people. The Youth Work Co-ordinator would facilitate engagement on our platforms among program alumni and provide a space for ongoing learning and support. They would also recruit to grow the community from university societies, youth groups and beyond.
The role is responsible for a range of outreach and community tasks.
- Responsible for building and growing our relationships with beneficiaries, university groups and youth-facing community organisations.
- Maintain and update our CRM with details of organisations we’re connected to that can benefit from existing and upcoming Stemettes activities
- – Manage the Stemette Futures Youth Board (SFYB): admin, maintenance and recruitment across an annual cycle
- Converting Stemette Society, Stemettes Sphere and Partner community organisation beneficiaries members to activity signups
- Distributing regular communications across the network in the form of a newsletter, flyers and regular calls to the most engaged in the network.
- Representing Stemettes at community events in our network and beyond – sharing our work, testimonials and upcoming activities
- Hosting events for our beneficiary community, both online and in-person
- Liaising with our internal teams on activities that can be promoted to ensure continuity in our relationships with community organisations
- Liaising with our internal teams to gather feedback from our Youth Board & promote via Youth Board knowledge and ambassadorship
- Contribute to our overall vision & mission by supporting facilitation of Stemettes activities
The location for this role is hybrid, and this role is expected to travel.